Getting high-quality documents, graphics, and photos without leaving home requires the best printer you can find. A search in which you are going to discover different technologies and models, so you should be clear about what you need, how much you can spend on your purchase and what printing costs you can bear before deciding which is the best printer you can access.
Among the most prominent models, we have options such as the Samsung SL-M2026 / SEE laser printer. A model capable of printing 20 pages per minute at an adequate resolution for text and graphics, also saving you money in the process. If you prefer a color model, we can talk about the HP Envy 5030 printer which, despite its compact design, is multifunctional and offers a printing speed of 10 pages in black and 7 in color, with good quality.
At a Glance:
When printing any document, it is necessary to start by deciding what we need. And it is that surely the best printer of the moment for someone who only needs to print text is not the same as for someone who wants to make copies of their photos.
For this reason, we have searched the market for all those models capable of giving you the best impression and we have analyzed them so that you can choose with all the information at your disposal.
- Our Recommendation Best Printers in Market
- Samsung SL-M2026
- HP Envy 5030
- Xerox Phaser 6020V
- Brother DCP-J562DW
- Canon PIXMA MX475
- HP Deskjet 3639
- Epson Workforce WF-2630WF
- Epson Workforce-100W
- Epson EcoTank ET-7750
- HP Pro M281fdw
- Kodak PD-450WE
- Canon Pixma MG2550S
- Buying Guide Best Printers
- Printing technology
- Print quality
- Other functions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Recommendation Best Printers in Market
|Award||Design||Types of printers||Retailer|
|Best Home Printers|
|Best Home Office Printer|
|Best Laser Printer|
|Best Inkjet Printer||Check Price|
|Best All In One Printer||Check Price|
|Best Cheap Printer||Check Price|
|Best Printer||Check Price|
|Best Portable Printer||Check Price|
|Best Photo Printer||Check Price|
|Best Multifunction Printer||Check Price|
|Best Portable Photo Printer||Check Price|
|Best Color Printer||Check Price|
Samsung SL-M2026Best Pick
Best Home Printers
Among our featured products, we begin by talking about laser printers, such as the Samsung SL-M2026 / SEE model. This laser printer is all you need to print in black and white at high speed and at a very low cost of printing. And it is that this equipment is capable of printing up to 20 pages per minute, adequately managing the largest documents.
A printer that offers you a maximum resolution of 1200 x 1200 dots, so you won’t have to worry about the quality of your texts or graphics. On the other hand, its design is combined with wide compatibility with different types of paper as well as a feeding tray adjusted to this printing speed, so you do not have to worry about anything while you work, also supporting large volumes.
So that you take advantage of the cheaper printing costs of this model, we leave you some additional details about its characteristics.
- Speed: This model is capable of printing up to 20 pages per minute, being very suitable for high-volume black and white jobs.
- Resolution: The model has a resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi, enough to print all kinds of texts and graphics with quality.
- Compatibility: The equipment is compatible with all types of operating systems, both under Windows and Mac OS.
- Economic: Due to its laser nature, we are talking about a product with a very tight printing cost.
- Connectivity: The device only has a connection via a traditional USB cable, not being able to print via WiFi.
HP Envy 5030Staff Pick
Best Home Office Printer
The HP Envy 5030 printer is another of the models worthy of appearing in this selection of the best printers of 2021. A product with which you can obtain a considerable resolution in your prints that reaches 4800 x 1200 dots in color, at the level of a top-notch photo printer.
A product that also includes the functions of copying or scanning, so you will not have to buy more accessories for your home or office. You will not have to worry about cables either, since this equipment includes WiFi connectivity, which makes it easier to print from your mobile, your tablet, or from any other mobile device with ease.
If you are not sure which printer to buy, we give you some details about this HP model, which for many users is the best printer brand of the moment.
- Print speed: This equipment is capable of printing speeds of 10 pages per minute in black and 7 in color.
- Photographic printing: The equipment is capable of achieving prints with a quality of 4800 x 1200 dpi so that your photos offer their best image.
- Instant Ink: This printer is accompanied by the Instant Ink service, for which you will have four months of free ink for everything you print.
- WiFi connectivity: Since the model has WiFi connectivity, it is not necessary to use cables to print, being able to do it even from the app offered by HP.
- Multiple scanning: Since the equipment does not have a feeder, the scanning process must be done manually and from page to page.
- Cartridge drying: Some users comment that the cartridges can get dry if you do not use them for some time.
Xerox Phaser 6020VBudget Pick
Best Laser Printer
If you need the price and speed of the laser but also want to make color copies, then the Xerox Phaser 6020V_BI is all you need. We are talking about a color laser printer with all the quality of this manufacturer, specialized in high-performance products. So much so that this machine is capable of printing up to 30,000 pages per month, at speeds of 10 pages per minute in color and 12 in black. Some images with the considerable quality of 1,200 x 2,400 dpi, taking into account that we are talking about a laser product.
To top it off, the product includes WiFi connectivity, which simplifies the connection and printing process from any device, without the need for cables or complications. It also includes a removable and good-capacity sheet feeder, so you only have to worry about printing without having to load paper every few minutes.
Let’s see some more information about this multifunction WiFi printer, with which you have almost everything that an injection model offers but at a lower cost per page.
- Color laser: The product prints in color with high quality but maintains the adjusted cost of the laser.
- WiFi: WiFi connectivity gives greater versatility when connecting the device with any product that needs it.
- Speed: It is capable of printing up to 12 pages per minute in black and 10 in color, a performance more than considerable.
- Vibration: Some user comments on certain vibrations during use, although if they use it in energy-saving mode the problem disappears.
- Mobile setup: The process of setting up mobile printing is somewhat more complex than desirable.
Best Inkjet Printer
Compared to its wide range of office equipment, the Brother DCP-J562DW printer is a model designed for the domestic market, with which to have all its technology on a small scale. And it is that this printer offers a good print quality, even in photographs, with a speed that draws from the experience of the brand and reaches 12 pages per minute in black and 6 in color.
A print that we can run from our PC through the WiFi connection, as well as through the memory card reader. A complete configuration that is finished off with the functions of multifunction equipment, so you can also use it to scan or copy the documents you need, with the same quality and efficiency that we have mentioned above.
If you want to print with the quality of professional equipment, discover some more details about this modern Brother equipment.
- Speed: Despite not being laser, the equipment is capable of printing at 12 pages per minute in black and 6 in color, with good quality.
- Connectivity: The device’s connectivity allows printing via USB cable, WiFi connection as well as through its card reader.
- Photographic paper tray: In case you want to print photos, this model incorporates a tray in which to place this type of paper without risks.
- Ink consumption: In order to avoid spending more ink than necessary, users recommend configuring the equipment according to the actual quality that we need.
- Drivers for Mac: Drivers for Mac do not have the same options that are offered to Windows users, limiting in part the usefulness of the printer.
Canon PIXMA MX475
Best All In One Printer
Designed to give you everything you need in one device, the Canon PIXMA MX475 All-in-One Printer is an efficient, quality product for high-quality black and color prints and copies. A process that’s fast too, with a print speed of 9.7 pages per minute in black and 5.5 in color, so you can work without waiting too long.
This device is also multifunctional, so you can scan or copy everything you need. For this, it has an automatic sheet feeder that saves you time compared to the process of loading the sheets one by one. And for efficient printing too, its WiFi connectivity helps you print from any device. A remarkable amount of functions that, for the adjusted price that the equipment has, place it close to being the best printer for value for money that we have found.
If you don’t know which printer to buy but are attracted to the cheapest options, we reveal everything that this complete Canon model offers you.
- Connectivity: In addition to being able to connect via WiFi to print, it also includes its own network, in case you need the printer to work independently.
- FINE Cartridges: Canon’s proprietary FINE ink cartridges produce higher quality results for all types of prints.
- Front access: Simplified front access makes common tasks such as loading paper or changing cartridges easier.
- Feeder: The scan feeder allows you to copy or scan entire documents without having to feed one page at a time.
- Display: The included display is not backlit, so it is somewhat more difficult to see in dark environments.
- Costs: Being an injection model, its cost per page is higher than that of a multifunction laser printer.
HP Deskjet 3639
Best Cheap Printer
The HP Deskjet 3639 printer is one of the most prominent models within this line of affordable HP printers. We are talking about an inkjet product that, despite being among the cheapest options in our selection, has all the options of a current model. In fact, it is a multifunction product, so we can print, copy or scan with ease.
In this process, we have a quality of 1,200 x 600 dots, enough to obtain good quality copies and good prints from any device. Impressions that we can make locally, through its WiFi connectivity or remotely, thanks to the connectivity offered by the model and its corresponding apps. As for the control process, the screen and the keypad also make autonomous use easy, even without having a PC next to the equipment.
Get to know this model in-depth with the results of our analysis, which we leave you below.
- Multifunction: With this product, you will be able to print, scan and copy everything you need.
- Connectivity: The connectivity of the product allows you to print from anywhere, through the corresponding apps.
- Cost: The product has an adjusted cost, both in the acquisition and in the printing process.
- Scanning: The scan is at an adjusted quality of 600 x 3000 DPI, perhaps insufficient for scanning photos or documents of higher quality.
- Configuration: Some phases of the initial configuration process can be complex, according to users.
Epson Workforce WF-2630WF
The Epson Workforce WF-2630WF printer is a model designed for both home and small office users, which offers us a wide variety of functions. A product with which to have a printing resolution of 1200 dpi, which we can use both in its printing mode and in its copying and scanning mode.
This device also has a fax function, in case it may be of interest to you. A team that, due to its professional nature, is capable of scanning or copying up to 30 documents using its feeder, also having a printing speed of 34 pages in black and white and 5 pages in color. All this with Epson’s modern independent cartridge system, which also saves ink and, therefore, costs in the printing process of your documents.
If you are still not sure if this is your printer, let’s learn some additional details about its functions and features.
- Independent cartridges: The independent cartridge system and its advanced technology save you around 25% of typical printing costs.
- Epson Connect: Epson Connect compatibility opens the door to all kinds of applications with which to print from any computer without the need for cables.
- Control panel: This device has one of the most extensive and efficient control panels so that no detail escapes when printing.
- Color printing speed: Despite its high black printing speed, color printing does not exceed 5 pages per minute.
- Scanner configuration: Some user comments that the scan configuration tends to be lost, which makes its use somewhat more complicated.
Best Portable Printer
With the Epson Workforce WF-100W, it is easy to have quality printing anywhere without carrying a lot of weight. Specifically, we are talking about a portable printer with the capacity to print through its internal battery or connected to the current and is totally autonomous. As much as its WiFi connection is, so you do not need cables to connect it to the device you want to print from, being able to do it also from its USB port.
A printing that reaches 1,200 dpi in color mode, so you will not have problems obtaining quality copies wherever you are. And to top it off, its size and exterior appearance are slightly larger than that of a small tablet and its weight is 1.6 kilos, so taking it wherever you want is even easier.
Enjoy quality printing anywhere with this complete lightweight, self-contained printer.
- Total autonomy: The model includes a battery and WiFi connectivity, so you do not need any cable to use it.
- Print quality: Despite its size, the product prints color documents at 1,200 dpi without complications.
- Connection: Connecting the printer is as simple as downloading the app and configuring it accordingly.
- Ink consumption: The ink consumption of the printer is somewhat high, being necessary to configure it properly to solve the problem.
- Fragility: Although its quality is adequate, it should be treated with care to avoid deterioration.
Epson EcoTank ET-7750
Best Photo Printer
Designed for those who need to print in a big way, the Epson EcoTank ET-7750 model is a complete and versatile product, by size and function. We are talking about a large A3 printer, with which to print large documents, both in black and in color. An inkjet printing system that, however, is very economical thanks to the brand’s new Ecotank system.
A system that replaces cartridges with ink tanks, refillable by the user, with which to significantly lower costs. In addition, this ink has higher quality pigments than conventional inks.
As if that were not enough, the product is also multifunctional, so you will not only be able to print but can also easily scan or copy your documents. It can even be used to print on CDs and DVDs if you need it.
Print like the greats with this comprehensive Epson product and its advanced technology.
- Ecotank: The Ecotank system reduces the cost of printing, facilitating the filling of ink tanks.
- Control: Its complete control panel makes it easy to manage all the functions of the device.
- 3 in 1: In addition to printing, being a multifunction product you will be able to scan or copy what you need, without complications.
- Price: The price of the product is considerable, so we must assess whether the investment is really worth it.
- Adjustments: It is essential to make the adjustments correctly for each print, in order to obtain the best results from it.
HP Pro M281fdw
Best Multifunction Printer
If you want to have it all for your office, surely you are interested in having a multifunction color laser printer like the HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw model. Ideal equipment for small offices, which has color laser technology and is capable of printing up to 21 pages per minute, both in black and in color. Something that is not at odds with the quality of that print, about 600 x 600 dpi, is in line with other common models on the market.
This quality printer includes a simple control system, connectable both via WiFi and via USB cable as needed, and can also be conveniently installed in a network, for autonomous operation. As much as the one that allows its complete control panel with LCD screen, in which you can configure the different options of the model, without the need to have a PC nearby.
We leave you some more information about this product and its functions so that you know it in greater depth.
- Multifunction: Being a multifunction model you can have everything you need in a single device.
- Control system: The control panel makes it easy to manage all the device options without the need for a PC or similar.
- Size: Despite all its functions, it is not a particularly bulky product, which facilitates its location and assembly.
- Slow: Color laser printing is somewhat slower than expected, considering the resolution of the product.
- Double-sided scanning: The product is not capable of automatic double-sided scanning, which slows down this process.
Best Portable Photo Printer
Printing your photos with comfort and quality is easy with the Kodak PD-450WE Photo Printer. A product that allows you to obtain copies of your photos at the touch, just by connecting your mobile, through the cable included in the product or wirelessly; and choose the photo you want to have on paper.
The result is a 4 x 6 inch print, the traditional 10 x 15-centimeter format, with a glossy finish and a considerable level of detail. In addition, the product allows you to charge your mobile or device while printing, which gives even more versatility to the printer.
In this task, you can also count on the help of the Kodak app, with which to manage the process and optimize the printing of any image, as well as add fun effects to it. The finishing touch for a hassle-free quality photo.
Forget poor-quality photos with this complete photo printer from Kodak.
- Image Size: This printer creates standard 10 x 15 images, which is unusual for other products on the market.
- Charger: In addition to printing, the product serves as a charger for two devices at the same time.
- Finishing: The print finish is almost professional, thanks to the four-stage printing system with additional finishing.
- Paper: As usual, the cost of paper is considerable, which must be taken into account prior to purchasing.
- Connectivity: The wireless connection process of the devices is somewhat complex, according to one user of the product.
Canon Pixma MG2550S
Best Color Printer
The Canon Pixma MG2550S printer is another one of those classic products that cannot be missing from any selection of printers. A good quality, low-cost home computer capable of photographic prints up to 4,800 dpi. The model also has a scanner and copier, so if you need these functions, you will also have them at hand. Functions Easy to control by means of the side keypad, intuitive, and easy to use.
The model is connected via cable, so you will not necessarily have to have a WiFi connection to work, including other saving functions such as automatic shutdown, which disconnects the equipment if it is not in use. All this in a small piece of equipment, which you can place anywhere without too many complications. We also mentioned that you can save ink by using the XL cartridges that this manufacturer offers for the product.
A printer does not have to be expensive, we give you some more details about this product and its characteristics.
- Print quality: The model has photographic printing capacity, reaching a resolution of 4,800 dpi.
- All in one: Despite its affordable cost, we are talking about an all-in-one with which to print, copy documents or scan them comfortably.
- Cost: It is a complete product but also inexpensive so that equipping yourself is not more expensive than necessary.
- WiFi: This model does not have WiFi, so you have to necessarily connect it wired to print.
- Speed: The print speed is somewhat slow, only 8 pages in black and around 4 in color.
Buying Guide Best Printers
The purchase of a printer is not a minor issue, but it deserves that we dedicate time to it, since a bad purchase can cost us, dear, especially if we handle a large volume. Therefore, it is convenient that we take a look at this guide to buy the best printer that we leave you below, in which you will know everything you need to find the perfect product.
The first thing that we must assess when choosing a specific printer is the printing system that best suits us. Something that makes a difference both in how much each copy costs and in the speed that we can obtain when making these impressions, among other factors.
Currently, the most interesting option to get a cheap printer is the inkjet. It is the cheapest way to print, in terms of the acquisition cost, it also offers a considerable quality in the final result, being able to even print high-quality photos, both in black and in color, depending on the model we have opted for.
The other main technology of the moment is laser printing. This printing is a bit more expensive to buy, but it is cheaper during its use, so if your idea of a good and economical printer goes through tight operating costs and you have a lot to print, it is the best option. In addition, you can choose between models in color or only in black and white, depending on your specific needs, to save even more.
Another issue to consider when choosing a printer is the quality of that print. Something that we must always keep in mind when reviewing a printer comparison and that, as we have dropped, depends in part on the printing system we use.
If you are looking for the highest quality, with color printing, then inkjet is the option you should choose. These models start from a base print quality that is usually around 1,200 x 1,200 dpi or even 1,800 x 1,2000 dpi. We’re talking about the basics, but when it comes to the best, these are the only home models capable of stunning photos, with resolutions up to 5760 x 1,440 dpi.
In the case of laser printers, these have a more limited quality, although optimal for the usual use that is given to them. Remember that these printers are used to obtain fast copies of documents and simple graphics, so the resolutions they handle, about 600 x 600 base more or less, are adequate for these results. However, some models already reach 1,200 x 1,200 dpi based on injection models. It’s all a matter of what we need when printing and what we plan to use.
Since there are many additional elements to consider, we will summarize some of them below. One of the most important has to do with the way we connect to the printer since wired-only models are almost history. In return, today we have models with WiFi printing, which connect without the need for cables and that allow us to print from our mobile or tablet, with the corresponding app.
Another interesting aspect is to know if we want only a printer or a multifunction printer. These last devices incorporate the functions of copying, scanning, and even faxing, depending on the model, apart from the conventional functions of the printer. The truth is that the cost difference is small and the number of functions that are added is very considerable.
We finish by talking about the comfort of the use of the product. This comfort depends, in part, on the connectivity that we have mentioned. The models without cable or with WiFi are much more comfortable to handle than the conventional ones. It also has to do with the control system they include, which in many cases allow the printer to be used autonomously, with memory cards or pen drives.
Also check the printer screen and keypad, which is another essential element to define a comfortable model to use. And by the way, take a look at the paper loading system and its capacity, since the more sheets you can put into the printer, the more you can print without having to load paper.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use a printer?
Using a printer is very easy, once it is properly installed. It is enough to access any application from which we want to print, select the print command, configure its details and accept. At most, we will have to see if the printer has a paper or is well of ink. This process is just as easy from our mobile, through the apps that manufacturers make available to us for WiFi printers.
Which is better, laser printer or ink?
Well, it all depends on our needs, since they are two very different systems. The laser printer allows you to print simple documents and graphics at good quality, at high speed, and at very competitive prices, making it ideal for those who make a lot of copies.
For their part, the ink models give better image quality, allow high-resolution photos to be printed, and give more printing options, although at a higher operating cost and less quickly. So the decision will depend on what we need
Which printer is better, HP or Epson?
Both HP and Epson are two of the leading manufacturers in the market, with products for all types of budgets, needs, and printing volumes. So the truth is that there is not a big difference when it comes to print quality between these two brands.
If there are some users who place HP one step ahead of Epson, although it is not something particularly appreciable either. The same thing happens with the price, which in the case of Epson is slightly cheaper than HP. Even so, they are minimal differences, so both brands offer adequate quality in their products.
How to install an HP printer?
To install an HP printer we will have to see the type of printer we are talking about. If it is a WiFi printer, we will have to follow the instructions on the screen of the product to connect it to the WiFi network and be able to send the prints.
In the case of wire, we must install the corresponding drivers on our PC, which is also recommended in the case of WiFi, for better performance. Don’t forget to download the HP printing app on your mobile or tablet, in order to be able to print from these devices.
Which printer is better, Canon or Brother?
The answer is somewhat complicated, given that both Canon and Brother are two big brands in the sector. However, it is true that their products tend to have a different approach. In the case of Canon, its products are usually oriented to the domestic sector and especially to products related to photo printing.
For their part, Brother models tend to be developed for the business and small office world, with tight printing costs and fast processes. So deciding which one is better will depend on our specific needs.